In this episode I speak with Brian LaBelle and Kylee Wall, two members of my initial test group. This conversation was inspired by a blog that Kylee wrote for Creative Cow back in February entitled “How Are You Doing? Really…” that discusses the darker side of our business…mental illness. Brian, a post-production supervisor by trade, has firsthand experience with bipolar disorder as two of his brothers committed suicide because of the disease.
Topics of Conversation:
• Our personal experiences and exposure to mental illness
• Manic depression and bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of depression vs. “having a bad day”
• How to communicate with people who suffer from depression
• The tendency towards mental illness in creative fields
• Using better health to prevent the tendency towards depression
• Neurofeedback for treating traumatic brain injuries and depression
• Tom Cruise vs. Brook Shields and postpartum depression
• Proper diet to prevent depression
• Brian & Kylee’s results from the test group
• Daily activity to balance stress
• The placebo effect of choosing to be healthy
• The Fitness In Post Spartan Race team!
• Zack’s blog post for American Cinema Editors
Share Your Thoughts:
If you enjoyed this show, please leave us a review in iTunes! It helps us build an audience and increases our visibility in searches. Thank you!