In this episode I have a rapid-fire conversation with nutrition and fitness expert Ben Greenfield who is an ex-bodybuilder, Ironman triathlete, Spartan racer, coach, speaker and author of the New York Times Bestseller “Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health and Life”. In 2008, Ben was voted as NSCA’s Personal Trainer of the year and in 2013 was named by Greatist as one of the top 100 Most Influential People In Health And Fitness. We discuss all kinds of health related topics listed below.
Learn more about the Fitness In Post program.
Topics of Conversation:
– Where the Standard American Diet came from (i.e. the “Food Pyramid”), why it’s so wrong, and what you can do about it
– Ben’s “Superhuman Food Pyramid”
– The spectrum of healthy and unhealthy foods on the pyramid
– Why we don’t need glucose (i.e. carbohydrates) for energy
– Why eating fat is good for you
– Why Gatorade and sports drinks are bad for you
– Top 3 Recommendations for those out of shape who want to get healthier but don’t know where to start (they aren’t what you may think)
– Why being cold helps you burn calories (“Cold Thermogenesis”)
– Top 3 Recommendations to avoid EMF in your office (Electromagnetic Fields)
If you prefer to read the interview,.
– “Grain Brain” by Dr. David Perlmutter
– “Wheat Belly” by William Davis
Share Your Thoughts:
If you enjoyed this show, please subscribe to the show and leave us a review in iTunes! If you leave a review and we read it on the show, contact us and you’ll win a free package valued at $99!