Paleo and Primal are popular buzz words in the health and fitness industry right now, but I think it’s unfair to call them ‘fads’ as many people do, especially since these philosophies are designed based on millions of years of human evolution. My guest Mark Sisson is one of the godfathers of the paleo and primal diet and fitness movements, and we do a deep dive into living a ‘primal lifestyle,’ and we also dispel some of the myths and false atacks against this approach.
*PS. My apologies for the scratchy audio quality throughout this show.
Topics of discussion include:
– The purpose of ‘The Primal Blueprint’ and how we can reprogram our genes to burn more fat and become less dependent on medication to be ‘healthy’
– Why the Paleo Diet is not a ‘fad’
– What does “Going Paleo” look like?
– The mistake of just eating “real food”
– Why the Paleo diet was dead last on the list of US News & World Report’s “Best Diets”
– The metaanalysis proving saturated fat is not a cause of heart disease
– The long term health effects of going Paleo
– Learning how to become good at burning stored body fat
– How changing your diet can help you avoid being “The Grumpy Editor”
– The “diseases of civilization” and how they stem from chronic inflammation
– Mayonnaise is back with ‘Primal Mayo’
– Taking a primal approach to activity and applying that to a sedentary lifestyle
– The difference between exercise and constant activity
– The benefits of short bursts of high intensity exercise like kettlebells and sprinting
If you prefer to read the interview,
“Why Grains Are Unhealthy” by Mark Sisson
Dr. McDougal’s Comments referenced in the podcast
Share Your Thoughts:
If you enjoyed this show, please subscribe to the show and leave us a review in iTunes!
If you leave a review between March 15th and April 3rd, we will draw your name from all the reviews and winner will receive a 500GB G-Tech ev Raw!