“The business doesn’t need changing, we just need to decide to change ourselves.” – Alan Bell
In this episode I speak with Hollywood tentpole editor Alan Bell (Catching Fire, Mockingjay, The Amazing Spider-Man, 500 Days of Summer). We discuss the current state of the post-production industry from a health & wellness perspective.
Topics of Conversation Include:
– Alan’s background as an athlete when he began his career
– Alan integrating Fitness In Post into his schedule and using MyFitnessPal to lose upwards of 2 pounds per week
– Why Alan counts calories, as well as his daily fitness regimen while working on big films
– How being more diligent about his health has made Alan a more effective editor, husband, and father
– Changing his mindset to food becoming fuel
– Eating “crunchy snacks” versus eating real food
– A snapshot in a “day-in-the-life” of editing a giant tentpole feature film
– Life on location and dealing with the grind
– Are the hours worth it? If not, what do we do about it?
– Finding your “why”
– Why making the right or wrong financial choices can have an impact on your health
– How to make sure there are healthy food options provided by catering, or how to adapt
– How to replace unhealthy snacks with healthy ones
Share Your Thoughts:
If you enjoyed this show, please subscribe to the show and leave us a review in iTunes! If you leave a review between April 15th and May 1st, you will be eligible to win a That Studio Effects HD package worth $599!