“You have to be your own champion because no one else is going to do it” – Katie Toomey
In this episode I have a candid conversation with agency editor Katie Toomey. This conversation was inspired by a recent article in Creative Cow titled “An Agency Editor Tells Her Story,” written by FiP’s own Kylee Wall. Katie and I talk about her journey from being an unhealthy, 90 pound overweight editor to someone who decided to transform her life wholesale. And she is succeeding.
Topics of Conversation Include:
- Katie Toomey’s post production background
- A day in the life of Katie at work
- Coping with raised anxiety levels when people are in the room
- Life as an editor at an agency
- Katie discusses how she began this journey to better health
- Needing surgery for a collapsed lung
- Katie’s small steps to better health
- Getting in shape and how to make permanent change
- How to succeed by doing what works for you–trying still means you’re succeeding!
- How Katie use MyFitnessPal to reach her health goals
- Katie’s editing environment and hacking her workspace
We can change ourselves and work to help change our industry
We need awareness of what our industry is — Should we kill ourselves for the job? Should everything be ASAP?
Karmic Courage Film: Ingenue
Film website: https://karmiccourage.wordpress.com/films/
Share Your Thoughts:
If you enjoyed this show, please subscribe to the show and leave us a review in iTunes!