Gray Jones is an accomplished reality television editor (here are his credits on IMDB), who recently completed his journey to lose 60 pounds. He is no stranger to a sedentary lifestyle and long hours, but he bucked the trend and decided it was time to make a serious change in his life. And the greatest part about his story is that he lost the weight doing nothing more than making a series of very simple, small changes over time.
Our Show Sponsor:
Our Latest Prize Giveaway:
We are giving away a Lifespan Treadmill Desk worth $1300, no purchase is necessary. It takes about 3 minutes to enter and entries will be gathered throughout the month of August. One random winner will be chosen September 1st. Good luck!
Topics of Conversation:
- Gray’s background and experience as an editor and how his health deteriorated over the years after falling into a sedentary lifestyle
- The sign Gray received that made him realize he had to make a change in his life
- Gray deciding he wasn’t going to “diet,” he was going to make a “lifestyle change” that was permanent
- Where Gray started on day 1 and the actionable steps and small changes that he followed to lose the weight
– The pros and cons of eating right before bed and/or staggering your meals to maintain your metabolism
- How Gray tracks his sleep, steps, and caloric intake to develop awareness
– Gray’s decision to cut soda out of his life and why he never looked back
- How sugar is more addictive than cocaine or heroine and why you’re unwilling to give up soda
- How reading nutrition labels can change your life, and Gray’s discovery of how many foods have artificial sweeteners
- How to change your perspective from pushing the boulder up the mountain to gently nudging the snowball down the mountain
- Gray’s way to include “cheat foods” into his diet without really cheating