Maxim Jago is literally “the guy that wrote the book on Avid and Adobe Premiere.” He’s also an award winning director, tech author, award winning screenwriter, futurist…you name it, this guy knows something about it.
We talk specifically about how to become more focused and centered at work and in life, how to organize your day, and even specifics tips and tricks to organize your timeline, projects, bins, folders, whatever it takes to get more done during the day.
We go from giant meta concepts to specific action steps in a single sentence, so stay focused and you may come away with some game-changing ways to enhance your day.
Our Show Sponsor:
Topics of Conversation:
- Zack’s morning routine and how it increases his productivity, then we segue into Maxim’s morning routine which is very different but equally effective
- Why a morning routine isn’t a set thing and can be tailored to when you have the most creative energy during the day (i.e. budgeting your energy)
- How making decisions requires energy and that energy is a finite resource, so you have to build up your capacity for mental focus over time
- How incorporating meditation into your day can drastically increase your productivity
- The importance of slowing down and how it can actually increase your productivity drastically (and how this technique can even include cat videos on YouTube!)
- Hacking all-nighters with exercise instead of caffeine and stimulants
- Why you shouldn’t be ashamed of that afternoon nap (and why NASA agrees)
- How to structure your day around focused periods of work and breaks ((i.e. The ‘Pomodoro’ techique) rather than just droning on all day long trying to get stuff done
- How the brain absolutely cannot multitask and how micro distractions can drastically derail your efficiency
- How stress is a biological barrier to memory creation and even creative thought
- Why focusing on stress management is the ultimate productivity hack
- Why naming your bins and organizing your media is ESSENTIAL to being a fast and productive editor (and why)
- Using Evernote and OmniFocus to prioritize your goals and your day
- How to maximize naming your sequences and versioning
- The myth of ‘Picture Lock’
- How your ability to access material very quickly can make or break whether or not you get hired on the next job
- Learning to hone your first instincts
The Nutreínce mutlivitamin powder I put in my water in the morning
Bulletproof Coffee Kit