In this episode I do a deep dive with my assistant Natalie Boschan into every vital step of our editorial workflow at Empire from day one until delivery of a locked episode. We discuss in detail the systems we’ve developed to become a more efficient and productive team over the years. Although we use Avid at Empire, the organizational systems and templates we’ve created can be applied to any NLE workflow in scripted, reality, documentary, or otherwise.
Our show sponsor:
Topics of Conversation:
- How we set up our projects before every new episode
- How to spend more of your time being creative
- The foundation of being efficient – media management and organization!
- Why folder structure in your NLE is important
- How to eliminate errors like working on the wrong sequence, version etc.
- Why you should build an elements project
- Ritualizing behaviors and time management
- Google Drive and why it’s so easy to use in a post workflow, especially if you want to go paperless
- How Trello can REVOLUTIONIZE your workflow for scripted and documentary
- Eliminating human error with checklists in Trello
- How making templates can eliminate “brain drain” and “time sucks”
- Mistakes happen–make sure you don’t make the same mistake twice!
- Build the checklist that works for you
- Organizing email with Trello
- How being organized and efficient will help you get more jobs!