“Eat less and exercise more” is the diet advice we’ve all been following for the last 50 years, but I have bad news for you…science has proven that calorie counting doesn’t work 95.4% of the time. Our bodies have evolved for thousands of years to naturally balance energy input (eating) and expenditure (activity). So then why is that only AFTER discovering the concept of the calorie have we begun to see the epidemic rise of obesity worldwide in developed countries?
In this episode I have a rapid-fire conversation with New York Times bestselling author Jonathan Bailor, author of “The Calorie Myth” and one of the foremost experts in the health industry on the concept of the calorie. We talk all about the diet myths we’ve been fed for the last fifty years and why they are wrong. And then we talk about the solution to reshaping your diet if what you desire is long term health, energy, and longevity.
Our show sponsors:
Topics of Conversation:
- First up: we shouldn’t be counting calories!
- Your body automatically regulates energy balance, HOWEVER this breaks down when you don’t eat the right stuff
- When you don’t eat the right stuff, your body stops automatically regulating and the result is disease
- There are plenty of quick fixes for rapid, short term weight loss but they won’t work for long term health goals (for example: starvation dieting)
- There’s science to back all this up!
- Every single scientific study on “calories in vs. calories out” has proved that counting calories does not work. Every. Single. One.
- Why the calorie counting processes Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers utilize don’t work
- How does the S.A.N.E. Solution work?
- Water, fiber and protein — your three key factors to a more SANE diet
- What are isocaloric studies and what do they prove?
- Why fat isn’t the enemy
- Common Sense Simplicity — go to Sanesolution.com and click on “Free Blueprint”
- What to eat to heal your metabolism, reduce risk of disease and reprogram your body to burn fat
- There is a live seminar you can watch for FREE
Jonathan Bailor is a New York Times bestselling author and internationally recognized wellness expert who specializes in using modern science and technology to simplify health. Bailor has collaborated with top scientists for more than 10 years to analyze and apply over 1,300 studies. His work has been endorsed by top doctors and scientists from Harvard Medical School, Johns’ Hopkins, The Mayo Clinic, The Cleveland Clinic, and UCLA.
Bailor is the founder of SANESolution.com and serves as the CEO for the wellness technology company Yopti®. He authored the New York Times and USA Today bestselling book The Calorie Myth, hosts a popular syndicated health radio show The SANE Show, and blogs on The Huffington Post. Additionally, Bailor has registered over 25 patents, spoken at Fortune 100 companies and TED conferences for over a decade, and served as a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft where he helped create Nike+ Kinect Training and XBox Fitness.