Let’s be honest...
“A proven 5-step framework to help you overcome the procrastination, anxiety, and fear that keep you from achieving your goals”
...just doesn’t sound sexy.
You know what DOES sound sexy?
✓ Losing 25 pounds. ✓ Landing your dream job. ✓ Finishing that screenplay.
✓ Paying off your student loans. ✓ Celebrating a new promotion. ✓ Speaking on industry panels.
And people constantly asking you, “How do you do it all?”
If you’re ready to start taking action, I’m ready to open my playbook to show you how to Get. Sh*t. Done.
You’d think achieving our goals in “The Information Age” would be easy. We carry in our pockets portable computers several thousand times more powerful than the supercomputers that flew Neil Armstrong to the moon1.
We are literally a few finger taps away from accessing virtually every published word, idea, and thought in recorded human history...
ME: “Siri, tell me everything to do in the correct order to follow through with my goals.”
SIRI: “That may be beyond my abilities at the moment."
So why does it seem nearly impossible to find simple solutions to our problems?
“I set goals all the time but I never stick to them...what am I doing wrong?”
“I feel like I spend all day putting out fires just spinning my wheels...what is the best productivity app to help me organize my to-do list quickly?”
“I only have a few extra hours a week to learn new skills and I don’t want to waste time...what are the next steps I should take to advance in my career?”
“I procrastinate too much and want to learn how to...”
Cue 30 minutes of Instagram scrolling. It’s cool, I’ll wait.
The problem certainly isn’t the lack of available tools and programs:
We already have millions of to-do list apps and fancy calendars
We already have the right software (we just need time to learn how to use it)
We already subscribe to online learning sites
We already have a Fitbit, the MyFitnessPal app, and running shoes
We already have gym memberships and online workout programs
Despite drowning in the most cutting-edge information, tools, and software ever known to man...
On average 92% of people fail to achieve the goals they set for themselves3.
People who follow through with their goals:
It’s simply too terrifying to take action thinking there might be a better way to reach our goals...
so we take no action at all because it feels “safer” to live in “survival mode.”
We’re literally working ourselves to death sacrificing our time, our relationships, and our health just so we can keep the hamster wheel spinning.
If you think it’s “just you,” trust me it’s not.
People email me their life stories on a weekly basis (and I read all of them):
“My biggest challenge is that I’m not even sure what my end goal is. I’m afraid once I figure it out I won’t have the ability or drive to string the next actions together. If I had a clear direction towards something I was excited about, I’d be much happier and more driven.”
“Committing to a specific workout routine has been impossible. I'll do it for a week or two, then life will interrupt, I’ll lose motivation, and I struggle to get back to it.”
“I struggle with ADD which makes it hard to stay on task and finish things. If I get bored or distracted, it sometimes feels like it’s all over. I’m too lazy to change my bad habits.”
“I feel like I could be wasting my time focusing on the wrong things that have no pay off. This uncertainty makes me feel confused and frustrated not knowing what I SHOULD do to succeed.”
"I just can't stick to anything."
What are the 8% of people who follow through with their goals doing differently than everyone else?
You might think “high achievers” have access to super-secret information you don’t, right?
- They use the most cutting-edge daily planners and productivity journals
- They consume the world’s most potent “superfoods”
- They know advanced automation tactics in Trello & Omnifocus
- They have the perfect 67-step morning ritual to “eat their frog” by 6am
- They have a secret “Success Playbook” leading them down the perfect path to their desired career
- They have unlimited access to the world's best coaches
Here’s the good news...none of this crap matters.
Want to know the secret that most productivity experts never talk about?
Most people procrastinate on taking action or downright give up on their goals because they lack just one thing:
You have lost the productivity game if you ever have to ask yourself the following question:
“So...what should I be doing now?”
Which then leads to...
"I guess I'll start tomorrow."
Which inevitably becomes...
"I'll get to that SOMEDAY."
Imagine for a second: You wake up in the morning (without hitting the snooze button twelve times) having intentionally designed your day in such a way that you have 100% clarity about the goals you hope to achieve not only today but in the next week, as well as over the next 3 months, 1 year, or even the next 5 years.
“I will become a successful Hollywood film editor.”
“I will lose 25 pounds in the next 180 days.”
“I will complete all the paperwork for my VISA application by April 9th."
Think about what it might feel like to have the utmost confidence that the next items on your daily to-do list are the right actions that will lead you to your destination (and ANY productivity app will work...including post-it notes).
“Networking and building relationships with five new people in my industry in the next 60 days is the ‘One Thing’ I must focus on that will lead me to my job as a scripted editor."
"Outlining Act 2 is the most improtant action that will lead me to finishing the first draft of my screenplay."
"Learning expressions in After Effects is the next step to getting a promotion at work."
Picture yourself confidently taking the right actions with consistency and without struggling to summon willpower you can’t find, motivation you just don’t have, and discipline you’d rather not develop.
“Tomorrow’s most important action is sending follow up emails to Mr. Jones and Ms. Thompson.”
What would it be like to:
✓ Reach your goals without constantly feeling "busy" spinning your wheels on useless things
✓ Finish your daily tasks faster so you have the time to learn advanced skills to further your career...without feeling guilty for wasting time or energy
✓ Have more time to relax and enjoy things in your life outside work, confident that you are still going to reach your goals on time
✓ Get "regular" things done more efficiently so you can invest precious time on important goals you actually care about
✓ Follow through and finish one of the many projects you’ve started that still sits unfinished to this day
Sounds simple right?
There's a huge difference between SIMPLE and EASY
“I feel that planning out what I need to do takes more time than sitting down to do things...so I don’t. While distracted by texts, emails, and social media I then go down the rabbit hole of “What am I doing next? Oh...Facebook!”
“I am a perfectionist so I don’t get things started unless everything is perfect
...so nothing is ever perfect.”
“I think it is difficult to be creative on command. Sometimes it just flows, while other time you hit a brick wall. I think some help breaking a large project into small tasks and keeping focused on the big picture would be useful.”
“I guess if I were able to just pick a really narrow focus and just drill at it hard I would probably get to that goal much faster. I feel like Indiana Jones when he was reaching for the Grail. That cup is all of my other interests: Music, directing, writing, friends/socializing, watching TV/movies for leisure, so on, so on.”
“I have trouble setting goals and figuring out what my next step in my career should be. I get comfortable in a job and coast. My life would change by having time to look inward and figure out what I really want to do in my life. Then I could make plans to do it.”
My belief is that 92% of people fail to follow through with their goals because all we’ve been fed our entire lives is more information.
Here’s a list of some of the random stuff we had to spend hours learning and remembering as kids (that most people will never use again...like ever):
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- The Stegosaurus is an herbivore...not an omnivore
- The Magna Carta was signed in 1215
- How to memorize the names of all 50 states (in alphabetical order)
- How to square dance
We don’t need more information!
We need help designing the roadmap that will lead us to our goals...and then we need to build the regular systems so we actually follow through.
Luckily for you I'm OBSESSED with learning everything I can about how to achieve difficult goals...no matter the obstacles in your way.
Hi, my name is Zack Arnold. By day I’m a Hollywood film & television editor (shows such as Unsolved, Empire, Shooter, Burn Notice, and Glee) and in 2017 I became a member of the American Cinema Editors (ACE). By night I’m the creator of the Optimize Yourself program and podcast.
In my “spare time” I’m also an award-winning documentary director, a teacher for both USC as well as Lynda.com, father to two highly energetic and creative kids, I’ve run multiple Spartan Races and Tough Mudders, and I’m currently training for American Ninja Warrior.
Here’s the thing: I wasn’t born and raised in Hollywood with a camera in one hand and Steven Spielberg’s private number in the other (but if you have it I’ll take it).
I was born and raised on a cattle farm in Northern Wisconsin, and I drove 2200 miles across the country to Hollywood six days after my college graduation with every possession I owned stuffed into the back seat of my Pontiac Sunfire...and ZERO connections in the entertainment industry.
In the last fifteen years I’ve taken one small step closer to my goals every single day (with a lot of steps backwards along the way), and I’m now in a place where I’m no longer interested in collecting further accolades or fancy credits.
I’m much more interested in “sending the elevator back down” and helping you rise to the top, no matter the goal you choose to achieve.
Sounds like I’ve got it all figured out, right?
Not even close.
I’ve battled suicidal depression and constant burnout since college, I constantly suffer from acute anxiety (especially in social situations), and in my early twenties I was diagnosed with adult-onset ADD.
I kept my mental health issues a secret for over a decade out of fear that I would be labeled an imposter. To the outside world I had become an “overnight success story,” but the energy it required to keep up the facade was literally killing me.
I’ve been so burned out that I once spent an entire month doing nothing but binge-watching seven straight seasons of Shark Tank while demolishing neverending bowls of popcorn (that I chased with Oreo’s).
My depression has reached the point more than once in my life where I spent entire days lying in the fetal position thinking, “My family would be better off without me.”
My attention issues have been bad enough that the thought of prioritizing my laundry, keeping up with my bills, AND taking the trash out in the same day would bring me to tears of frustration, overwhelm, and shame.
Despite what you might think after reviewing my résumé, this is what my path to success looked like:
I realized the only way that I could achieve the most important goals in my life (without sacrificing my sanity in the process) was to stop working harder and start working smarter.
Thus began my decade-long journey learning how to build the systems necessary to perform at a consistently high level without burning myself out (and making sure I still had the time and energy to put my kids to bed every night).
Now after spending close to $100,000 on my own personal development education, I want to drastically shorten your learning curve by sharing with you everything I’ve learned about setting and achieving meaningful goals.
A proven system to help you organize your priorities, get the right sh*t done, and (finally) achieve your goals...without sacrificing your sanity in the process.
Design Yourself is an online learning course (if you hustle you can get through all of the lessons in less than a week) that provides you with a simple step-by-step framework to break down seemingly insurmountable goals into simple and actionable tasks (that will make your success look almost too easy).
No longer will you procrastinate because you have no idea if the next task on your to-do list is going to change your life...or completely waste your time.
Instead you will effortlessly and consistently take the right actions that will lead you down the unique roadmap to success that you design for yourself.
“From back when I began the program to now, the change in consistency is day and night... it’s crazy! It’s like a drug... you get a taste of what it feels like to get things done. I binge-watched Jessica Jones yesterday and had a PJ day because I’m so ahead of schedule. It was beautiful to have the freedom to do that and not feel guilty!"
- Moni Salazar, Film Editor
“I just want to say I'm impressed. The reason that I signed up with you is that I am now convinced the only way for success in almost every avenue of my life is building systems. I know my work isn't done, but I just got a taste of how transformational this can be... and I want more. If I can make this the new norm it will transform my life and everyone else I know that is close to me. Thank you man.”
- Barry Andersson, Director & Filmmaker
“Living my life with intent has improved my life dramatically. I've been in a good mood literally since last Wednesday just because of our conversations and me looking forward to knowing there is a route ahead of me. You have helped me pull back the curtain and shown me the path... I just need to take it and follow certain steps. It's still scary as heck, but I don't have the same kind of intimidation by a long shot.”
- Abbey Gonka, Music Video Editor
Become an Exclusive Member of ‘The 8% Club’
- Discover the #1 most common mistake virtually everyone makes when setting their goals and resolutions
- Learn the 5 things every solid goal needs before you take a single action (this part is so easy you’ll wish someone had taught you this years ago)
- Do this simple mental exercise just once a week and you’ll go from having an 8% chance to having a more than 50% chance of achieving your goals
- Learn the mental trick used by the Navy Seals to overcome ridiculously challenging obstacles (that you can apply to any obstacle standing in your way...big or small)
- Save hours per week getting sucked into the black hole of your to-do list by prioritizing the “One Thing” you must focus on every day to go to sleep with a sense of accomplishment
- Learn why your to-do list is one of the biggest obstacles keeping you from being productive (and how you should organize your tasks instead)
- Do this for 10 minutes a day to stay on track so you follow through with every goal you set for yourself
- Learn the simple psychological tweak that will transform the way you look at setbacks (you’ll actually start looking forward to failing on a regular basis!)
How Does the Course Work?
Upon enrolling you will have immediate lifetime access to the Optimize Yourself Member’s Only Dashboard where all of your course materials, downloads, and video training will live. Whether you want to get through everything in one day, one week, or one year is up to you...the material will always be waiting for you.
This program is available to you on any device with an internet connection: Learn from your desktop, tablet, or mobile device. Every lesson comes with mp3 audio downloads and transcripts as well if you prefer to read instead of watch or listen.
Here’s Exactly What You’ll Learn
Three Key Mindsets That Lead to Success
- Learn the importance of changing your frame of reference and "Running Your Own Race" so you can achieve your goals faster than ever before
- Understand the importance of playing the long game with your goals rather than chasing after the next shiny object
- Become okay with setbacks and failure and accept them as part of your journey
Breaking Down the GO FAR Framework
- Learn the origin of the 5-step GO FAR framework and how each step will help you develop the clarity, confidence, and consistency necessary to achieve any goal you set for yourself.
- Take your ‘Baseline Assessment’ to understand where you are now so you can determine where you want to go.
What you measure, you can improve upon.
GOALS: Setting Them Is What Makes Life Worthwhile
- Learn the #1 mistake most people make when setting their goals and their resolutions...and the simple tweaks to ensure you become a member of the 8% club this time.
- Formulate a rock solid “Macro Goal” which will become the compass that guides your every decision going forwards and helps you clearly prioritize your next steps on a daily and weekly basis.
- Understand the HUGE difference between setting goals and creating systems...and which one is the best fit for your unique journey.
- BONUS: Hands-on tutorials of my favorite apps that will help you automate multiple reminders throughout your day to help keep you focused on the right actions
OBSTACLES: Recognize and Face Them
- Learn how to identify the biggest barriers between you and your goals (This is so insanely simple you’ll wonder why you never thought to do this before)
- Recognize the three different types of challenges that often keep you from your goals (bet you didn’t know there were three!) and then reframe these challenges so success is all but inevitable
- Learn the same insanely simple tricks used by the Navy Seals to break down seemingly-impossible obstacles into manageable hurdles
FOCUS: Prioritize and Plan Your Approach
- This is where you truly get your money’s worth and learn how to narrow down the 8 million possible things vying for your attention down to literally the “One Thing” such that by doing it, everything else after will become easier.
- Take what you’ve learned about how to narrow your focus down to the most important action plan so you can knock down the easiest dominoes first...and then let them do the rest of the hard work for you.
ACT: Assert Yourself
- Learn how to break down your difficult (but doable) goal properly into the right micro goals and single actions so your next action is always your right action
- Start upgrading your daily behaviors and build your first habit that will make taking regular action consistently practically effortless
- Learn why motivation, willpower, and discipline are no longer necessary to reach your goals...but still important (and how to use them to the fullest)
REVIEW: Whatever the Results, Learn From the Experience
- Once you get the REVIEW process right you’ll have a bulletproof accountability system (that takes less than 10 minutes per day) that makes sure you NEVER have to ask yourself again, “So...what should I be doing now?”
- BONUS: Includes online templates of the exact daily, weekly, and yearly review process that I use to achieve every big goal in my life
Chapter 1 of Your New "Origin Story"
- Take all the hard work you’ve done and measure your progress against where you began to build momentum and more motivation to achieve than you ever thought possible
- Learn my final ‘Key to Success’ that will reframe the challenges and obstacles in your life in such a way that when difficult things try to stop you, you’ll just laugh!
I’m Ready to Enroll. What Do I Get?
*Note: The above image is a representation of the digital content you will have immediate access to upon enrollment. This product does not include any physical goods that will be shipped to you.
Your investment in this program includes the following:
Over 2 hours of video training and hands-on app tutorials
Access your training from any digital device connected to the web (desktop, phone, tablet, etc)
BONUS: An additional 4 hours of expert audio interviews
Learn how to set goals (and follow through with them) from some of the world’s leading experts on achievement
Worksheets and practical "real-world" exercises
I’m big on “action steps” that ensure your effort becomes results
Mp3 audio files of every lesson
Learn on-the-go while walking, exercising, or commuting
Transcripts for every lesson
Everyone learns differently. If you prefer to read instead of listen, we’ve got you covered
Access to the private Optimize Yourself Facebook Community
Join a community of like-minded creative individuals ready to support you
"Before going through Design Yourself I thought exercise was a necessary evil (actually, punishment). Going to the gym was a chore, and running? Out of the question. Zack helped me slowly introduce exercise into my life. I now look forward to my gym days and the feeling afterward of being healthy, fit, and happy. And I've lost 20 pounds!"
- Sarah Furie, Graphic Designer
“As an aspiring editor, I found myself on my cousin's couch, in the middle of LA with no sense of direction and no answers. Luckily, I made the acquaintance of Zack Arnold. He's walked my path before. He's been unemployed, and he's now taking the knowledge, lessons, and skills that he's accumulated over the years and offering them up for others to use. It's effective and it's meaningful.”
- JB Armstrong, Assistant (and aspiring) Editor
Frequently Asked Questions
60-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If you’ve scrolled this far, I’m 100% confident this course is the perfect fit for you because you stick with things.
And even if you don’t...I can help you do so.
But now it's DECISION TIME.
× Do you want to wake up tomorrow morning repeating the same behaviors that have led you where you are today?
√ Or would you rather wake up tomorrow and begin writing 'Day 1' of your new "Origin Story?"
There is nothing worse than the moment you ask yourself “So...what do you I do now?” and then escape to Instagram and Twitter because you have no idea what you should be doing next to achieve the most meaningful goals in your life.
I want to make sure you never have to ask yourself that question ever again.
I want to make sure you are never anxious or afraid to take action again because you think you’re wasting your time putting effort and energy into something that will just lead nowhere.
And I want to make sure you never go after your goals without a clear plan.
Change will not happen overnight, but that’s okay. Because I’m going to teach you how to stop playing your game of life like a game of checkers and start playing life like a game of chess.
Creator, Optimize Yourself
P.S. Don’t forget, you have 60 days to try this program 100% RISK FREE. If this course doesn’t help you develop the clarity, confidence, and consistency necessary to follow through with your most important goals, just send me an email and I'll refund you on the spot. But you won’t…because nobody ever does.