Around this time every year a common word begins to resurface: “Resolutions.” And while we all have the best intentions of beginning the new year with all the energy and motivation to make positive changes in our lives, inevitably 92% of resolutions fail. It’s easy to make excuses and say that “Life got in the way,” but if you truly intend to achieve your goals in 2018 and make positive progress towards the life you truly desire, I promise you it’s gonna take a lot more than willpower and motivation. It will most likely require specificity, intentional action, and if you’re really serious – you’re gonna need a coach.
In this episode I speak with Jeanette Goodrich, a former air force pilot and now one of the top high performance coaches on the planet who was trained by and works directly with Brendon Burchard, the world’s #1 most-watched personal development trainer and one of the top 100 most followed figures online, in addition to being the #3 highest earning high performance coach on the planet.
Jeanette and I break down the simple but powerful steps anyone can take to reframe their goals in a more realistic manner, recognize and overcome the obstacles that have been stopping them in the past, focus on what truly matters, and take real action that get results. Most importantly, we talk about the number one factor that most people ignore when setting goals: Their deeper “Why.”
Want to Hear More Episodes Like This One?
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Success is different for everybody — where do you want to go??
- Define your success with baby steps and build on that
- Find your why and the purpose behind your goal
- Jeanette’s story and her big why
- You can be successful every day
- What are “why stacks” and “benefit extensions”?
- Make sure your “why” goes deep enough
- The number one component to success is accountability to others
- The different types of fear and why they’re holding us back — what are you really going to lose?
- The paradox of wasting time
- The only way you know if something will work is to TAKE ACTION
- How to focus on key areas of your goal
- Finding problems and learning to solve and move past them
- What you can evaluate each day
- It’s not about working 16 hours a day, it’s about being able to focus on what’s important
- How do you even know what goals to set?
- There is no one right answer for everybody!
- Try starting with improving your sleep — it can make a real difference
- “Work smarter, not harder”
- How to review and stick with your goals
- How journaling and calendars can set you free
Useful Resources Mentioned:
Our Generous Sponsors:
This episode is made possible by Ergodriven, the makers of the Topo Mat, my #1 recommendation for anyone interested in moving more at their height-adjustable workstation. Listen, standing desks are only great if you’re standing well, otherwise you’re constantly fighting fatigue and chronic pain. Not like any other anti-fatigue mat, the Topo is scientifically proven to help you move more throughout the day which helps reduce discomfort and also increase your focus and productivity. And they’re really fun and a great conversation starter.
As a Certified High Performance Coach, Jeanette Goodrich helps high achievers and high potentials get in alignment with who they are and what they want and achieve their goals 5-10 times faster WITHOUT sacrificing their health, their family, or their relationships. The most common results are deepened clarity, boosted confidence, more harmonious relationships, new levels of influence, and higher levels of efficiency and productivity.
She trained and consulted for one of the fastest growing and prolifically successful teams in Beachbody. In that role, she developed top notch training programs to aid in the success of new network marketing entrepreneurs.
Her military experience was probably the most life shifting 4 year time of her life. There, she developed leadership skills, problems solving abilities, resiliency, adaptability and quick thinking skills that are difficult to get anywhere else. She led and supervised high performing flight crews and office staff to ensure flawless execution of missions and objectives. She was the top in my class is a very competitive flight school and had a track record of excellence in all she did!
The original music in the opening and closing of the show is courtesy of Joe Trapanese (who is quite possibly one of the most talented composers on the face of the planet).
Note: I believe in 100% transparency, so please note that I receive a small commission if you purchase products from some of the links on this page (at no additional cost to you). Your support is what helps keep this program alive. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.