Tony Horton is a legend and the most influential name in the world of health & fitness. He’s the creator of the P90X at-home extreme fitness series, he’s a motivational speaker, a bestselling author, he’s been on countless television programs, he’s traveled the world training hundreds of thousands of people…
…and he’s stuck at home just like you and me.
I am extremely fortunate to say that over the last two and half years of pursuing my own personal goal of becoming an American Ninja Warrior, Tony has become my mentor and friend. And today’s conversation is simply two guys chatting about how to better manage the mental and physical stress that comes from living through a global pandemic.
If you logically understand that focusing on your fitness, diet, and health are more important now than ever…but emotionally you’re struggling to find the motivation to exercise without your workout buddies, or you’re stress eating, or you don’t like working out at home, or you’re distracted by family, or you find it nearly impossible to maintain any level of consistency…Tony is here to help you get back on track.
And remember when all else fails…do your best…and forget the rest!
Want to Hear More Episodes Like This One?
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- How is the legendary Tony Horton doing while stuck at home during the COVID-19 quarantine?
- What it’s like now that he can’t get together in person with people and how that has affected not just his business & healthy routines, but most likely yours as well in similar ways.
- What the American Ninja Warrior training group has been doing in lieu of getting together at the practice course.
- How to maintain your workout consistency (or get back into it) without your workout buddies and circle of accountability.
- Why it’s more important than ever to exercise consistently.
- Taking refuge in food? Tony’s simple question may be the antidote to emotional eating.
- How the lockdown is revealing our true character and who we are as human beings.
- Tony’s observations about some of the positive things that he’s seen due to the lockdown.
- What does he anticipate the ‘new normal’ is going to be like?
- Why Tony is concerned about our very short collective memory. Will we, as a society learn from all this and be better prepared next time?
- Is this whole situation really “unprecedented”? Here’s a healthy dose of perspective (56:47)
- 2 things you can control which give you a greater capacity to deal with things that are out of your control.
Useful Resources Mentioned:
Our Generous Sponsors:
This episode is made possible for you by Ergodriven, the makers of the Topo Mat, my #1 recommendation for anyone who stands at their workstation. The Topo is super comfortable, an awesome conversation starter, and it’s also scientifically proven to help you move more throughout the day which helps reduce discomfort and also increase your focus and productivity. Click here to learn more and get your Topo Mat.
Tony Horton is the wildly popular creator of the best-selling fitness series: P90X®, P90X2®, P90X3®, and Ten Minute Trainer®, P90® and most recently his 22-Minute military inspired workout, 22 Minute Hard Corps®. Tony is a world-class motivational speaker and the author of top-selling books: “Bring It”, Crush It!” and his latest motivational book, “The Big Picture” 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life, which he has transformed to an in depth personal development course, Living Large with Tony Horton. He has appeared on countless television programs as a fitness and lifestyle expert to promote healthy living through exercise and proper nutrition. In keeping with Tony’s passion for a healthy lifestyle, he’s teamed up with the beauty experts at Ultimate Salon Professionals to create his new hair and skincare line, TH Care by Tony Horton, because he believes what goes on your body is just as important as what goes in it.
For the past 25 years, Tony has used his unique brand of humor to change the lives of tens of million people through his incredible fusion of motivation, physical exercise, nutrition, and discipline. From worldclass athletes, pro sports teams, celebrities and the U.S. Military, to corporate executives, couch potatoes, and busy moms and dads alike, Tony has what it takes to reach and teach them all. Tony believes that real and lasting change can happen when we commit to health as a lifestyle. Exercise, whole foods, and the right mindset is the formula that leads to a vibrant, productive and full life for anyone who focuses on being the best they can be.
The original music in the opening and closing of the show is courtesy of Joe Trapanese (who is quite possibly one of the most talented composers on the face of the planet).
Note: I believe in 100% transparency, so please note that I receive a small commission if you purchase products from some of the links on this page (at no additional cost to you). Your support is what helps keep this program alive. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.